Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen Chou

how to get the right position using glRasterPos when changing MatrixMode?

i am not good at English..... i use "ReadPixels" reading from buffer,and want to show it in the screen by pixel,i think glOrtho work better,so i change the matrixmodel from gluPerspective to glOrtho ,but problem comes, it doesn''t come out where i want! when using gluPerspective how to measure the coordinate by pixel? part code below: DrawGLScene(GLvoid) { glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(0,0,-50); glCallList(box); glPushMatrix(); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glPushMatrix(); glOrtho(0,640,0,480,-10,10); glLoadIdentity(); glRasterPos2i(50,50); glDrawPixels(256,256,GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,checkImage); glReadPixels(pos[0],pos[1],256,256,GL_RGB,GL_FLOAT,ixel1); glRasterPos2i(150,150); glDrawPixels(256,256,GL_RGB,GL_FLOAT,pixel1); glPopMatrix(); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glPopMatrix(); }

Working with pixel coordinates in perspective projection is not that easy. If you really want to do it, I suggest you look at gluProject/gluUnProject.

However, if all you need is to set the raster position in window coordinates, then use glWindowPos instead. Requires either OpenGL 1.4 or the ARB_window_pos extension. Read more about it here.