Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DimitreusX

Loading Multiple Maya or 3DS files in OpenGL

DimitreusX    122
I was wondering if there is any sample code or tutorials out there that contains information on how to load multiple Maya or 3DS files into OpenGL? I looked at a couple of posts and found something that does a good job of loading one .3ds file, but I am unable to understand how to load multiple .3ds files using that code. Here is the link: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=183240 Any information would be helpful. Thanks [edited by - DimitreusX on March 28, 2004 1:30:32 PM]

lc_overlord    436
it''s about as easy as loading one of them, just remember to put the data into different places.

Encapsulating it in a class is a good thing to do.
It''s allso good to write the loading functions to be a little flexible so it can be used anywhere.

Personaly i have my file loading encapsulated in a class and all data storage structs are public so after i call the load func i can just pick the data i need from that, after that i delete the fileloading class(to free up memory).
The data i transfered from my load class is put in a special object class that contains all the apropriate functions(rendering,transformation,skeletal animation, stencil shadows and colition detection).

This works pretty well.

---------------------------------
For an overdose of l33tness, flashbang.nu