Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Installing DX for VS.Net 2003

This topic is 5007 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys. I''m having trouble setting up DirectX 9 for VS.Net 2003. I downloaded and installed DX9SDK on my computer. However, I thought I read somewhere that a DX9 wizard will show up in the "New Project" dialog. It didn''t. So I tried running one of the sample projects, but it wouldn''t build because it couldn''t find the DX libraries. I tried messing with referenced paths, but to no avail. Please help a complete DX newb get things working. Thanks in advance.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi there.

I''m a DX-newbie myself. I had no problems getting DX to work with vs.net2003. However, I also miss that directx wizzard, and I *believe* it''s because I don''t have the DX9 SDK Summer Update. (I''m on 56k so I haven''t bothered with that download just yet.)

Then again, maybe I''m completely wrong. XD

You can find the summer update here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9216652f-51e0-402e-b7b5-feb68d00f298&displaylang=en

as for the libraries, if you are using C++, include them from the DXSDK\lib\

good luck!

// Marcus

Guest Anonymous Poster
Okie, I hope that was the problem ^^ ...maybe someone could confirm that you need the summer update for the dx app wizard?

//Marcus

Guest Anonymous Poster
hehe, not months, only several days ^^
//Marcus

Guest Anonymous Poster
Anyone knows where you can buy the DXSDK CD? I cannot download it, cuz I have a mere 56k.

Try getting a friend with broadband to dl and burn it for you.

Or try searching Microsoft.com. I couldn''t find anything there, but I didn''t try that hard.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Alas, where I am, there is no faster connection than an ISDN, and I dont know anybody who has it. I searched microsoft.com already, and couldn''t find the CD.