Installing DX for VS.Net 2003

Started by
8 comments, last by yaroslavd 20 years ago
Hi guys. I''m having trouble setting up DirectX 9 for VS.Net 2003. I downloaded and installed DX9SDK on my computer. However, I thought I read somewhere that a DX9 wizard will show up in the "New Project" dialog. It didn''t. So I tried running one of the sample projects, but it wouldn''t build because it couldn''t find the DX libraries. I tried messing with referenced paths, but to no avail. Please help a complete DX newb get things working. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Hi there.

I''m a DX-newbie myself. I had no problems getting DX to work with vs.net2003. However, I also miss that directx wizzard, and I *believe* it''s because I don''t have the DX9 SDK Summer Update. (I''m on 56k so I haven''t bothered with that download just yet.)

Then again, maybe I''m completely wrong. XD

You can find the summer update here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9216652f-51e0-402e-b7b5-feb68d00f298&displaylang=en

as for the libraries, if you are using C++, include them from the DXSDK\lib\

good luck!

// Marcus
I''m pretty sure I got the summer update (I''ll make sure).

And I''m using C#.
Never mind, I think I forgot to dl the summer update. Thanks.
Okie, I hope that was the problem ^^ ...maybe someone could confirm that you need the summer update for the dx app wizard?

//Marcus
Confirmed. Everything''s fine now.

BTW, how did you download DXSDK with dial-up? I''d imagine it''d take months.
hehe, not months, only several days ^^
//Marcus
Anyone knows where you can buy the DXSDK CD? I cannot download it, cuz I have a mere 56k.
Try getting a friend with broadband to dl and burn it for you.

Or try searching Microsoft.com. I couldn''t find anything there, but I didn''t try that hard.
Alas, where I am, there is no faster connection than an ISDN, and I dont know anybody who has it. I searched microsoft.com already, and couldn''t find the CD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement