Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruno

fps camera moving\shooting

Bruno    155
Hi I'm tryng to shoot a projectile in the direction the camera is facing, and in the direction of a aim cursor wich is in the center of the screen., however i'm having some problems. Altough the camera rotates nicely, and i shoot in the same direction, when i move the camera up or down, the shooting won't hit the target, if i move up i hit a bit below, if i move down, i hit a bit above.., i'm not sure what's wrong with this, but it seems to me it is an angle problem.., Here it is my camera rotating function : look.pos_before = look.pos Radius = float(( ( look.xrot + (heading + 180) ) * 3.14159f / 180.0 )); look.pos[0] -= float(sin( Radius ) * velocity); look.pos[2] -= float(cos( Radius ) * velocity); That piece of code, moves the camera along the Y axis., To shoot, i use this : SCALE_F = 3.14159f / 180; Shoot[shot_number].Radius = float(( ( myCamera.look.xrot + (myCamera.heading + 180) ) * 3.14159f / 180.0 )); Shoot[shot_number].ini = Shoot[shot_number].pos; Shoot[shot_number].dirx = float(sin( Shoot[shot_number].Radius ) * B_Speed)*TimeFrame.speedfactor; Shoot[shot_number].diry = float( (- myCamera.lookupdown * SCALE_F ) * B_Speed)*TimeFrame.speedfactor; Shoot[shot_number].dirz = float(cos( Shoot[shot_number].Radius ) * B_Speed)*TimeFrame.speedfactor; Shoot[shot_number].xrot = 0; Thanks for any help, Bruno [edited by - Bruno on March 28, 2004 1:35:39 PM]