Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IVMRMonitorConfig.GetAvailableMonitors

This topic is 5008 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to work with multiple monitors but I am getting to the point at which I feel I need some help being pointed in the right direction. I have two display adapters each have multiple video connections but they are both currently connected to a monitor using the VGA connection. The video cards are ATI RADEON 9000 AGP(Primary monitor) and ATI ALL IN WONDER VE PCI(independant monitor). I really just wanna play around with the independent monitor using DirectShow but I seem to be stuck at how to access that monitor. I first begin trying to use ICreateDevEnum from CLSID_SystemDeviceEnum. But I was not sure which Filter Category I needed, I wanted to use CLSID_TransmitCategory because it says it represents all External Renderers but using this failed and I found that I think I was misinterperting the word "renderers". Currently I am using the following code but it will only return a list with one monitor, the current monitor. HRESULT hr; IVMRMonitorConfig * pMonitorConfig; CoInitialize(0); hr = CoCreateInstance( CLSID_VideoMixingRenderer, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IVMRMonitorConfig, (void**)&pMonitorConfig); /* [out] */ VMRMONITORINFO pInfo; /* [out] */ DWORD pdwNumDevices; hr = pMonitorConfig->GetAvailableMonitors(&pInfo, 16, &pdwNumDevices); I do not have a good understading of how DirectX works with monitors and how this all play a part with DirectShow I would appericate any advice someone could offer.