Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for an answer ???????????

This topic is 5006 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Everyone I am looking to get into designing computer games and was wondering how it all works really. I know C++ is the language for writing games but what other software do you use to design the graphics/images then be able to make them all move? Sorry for the complicated question it would be great if someone could shed some light on this topic for me as I can see there are a few experts on here. Many Thanks

Actually, C++ isn''t necessarily the language for writing games, it''s just the most commonly used one. You could even use QBasic to write a game. The results would vary.

To make an image move onscreen, such as an animated sprite (say, your little guy running around), you would write a function to draw the sprite on the screen, and every once in a while you would change the image that''s drawn to have the next frame displayed. And that''s how you''d loop through the animation.

Have a look at some tutorials and give it a shot; it''s pretty easy. Oh, get your hands on SDL; makes everything so much easier.