Looking for an answer ???????????

Started by
1 comment, last by frankiej 20 years ago
Hi Everyone I am looking to get into designing computer games and was wondering how it all works really. I know C++ is the language for writing games but what other software do you use to design the graphics/images then be able to make them all move? Sorry for the complicated question it would be great if someone could shed some light on this topic for me as I can see there are a few experts on here. Many Thanks
Advertisement
See links above like this one

Software and Books

Phil P
Actually, C++ isn''t necessarily the language for writing games, it''s just the most commonly used one. You could even use QBasic to write a game. The results would vary.

To make an image move onscreen, such as an animated sprite (say, your little guy running around), you would write a function to draw the sprite on the screen, and every once in a while you would change the image that''s drawn to have the next frame displayed. And that''s how you''d loop through the animation.

Have a look at some tutorials and give it a shot; it''s pretty easy. Oh, get your hands on SDL; makes everything so much easier.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement