Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slowcode

STENCIL SHADOW problem with camera inside "shadowvolume"

First: Hi. Im new to this boards an currently totally upset because of that problem we''ve just encountered, if any topic related to this problem exists I apologize that I am currently not in the right mood to search for it, thanks. Problem: We did a stencil volume shadow thing that works perfectly fine as long as the camera stays out of the shadow volume. Well as you surely know the stencilshadow thing works with two passes where the shadow-quads of every calculated edge are drawn first culling ccw then cw (or the otherway, depending on the implementation). So now my camera moves inside that "volume" which causes havoc to the proper culling of my quads resulting in a somewhat ugly thing which could be anything but the shadow of the object... our first idea was to invert culling when inside, but that doesnt work, not only because you simply dont know WHEN youre inside but for various other reasons... Question: Does anyone know how to solve this problem, or if the problem is solveable at all? Thank you, cu