Console Monitoring

Started by
3 comments, last by Mat1515 20 years ago
Would it be possible to create a console program to monitor variable values within a windows program while it is running. I do see a use for it in developing my game. Links tips tutorials would be appreciated Maybe my answer would be to create a child window to do this?
Ut o not me again:) lol
Advertisement
Yes, it would be possible, but it wouldn't be that helpful (any Windows program can create a console by calling AllocConsole). Look into multi-monitor debugging and remote debugging instead.

[edited by - Oluseyi on March 28, 2004 8:19:08 PM]
Is this your program?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dllproc/base/character_mode_applications.asp

Start out with AllocConsole.
Member of the Unban nes8bit or the White Rhino in my Basement Gets Sold to the Highest Bidder Association (UNWRBGSHBA - Not accepting new members.)Member of the I'm Glad Mithrandir Finally Found an Association that Accepts People with his Past History Association (IGMFFAAPPHA)
OutputDebugString() might be useful, as well.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
I once made a notepad look-a-like console that got input from a pipe. So any program that I wanted to debug could send data through a pipe to my console. Only problem was that my console was so buggy

}-- Programmer/Gamer/Dreamer --{

I didn''t choose to code, coding choose me.
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement