Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPKnightly

For those who want to make a "text adventure" and don't know where to start...

IPKnightly    101
...you can have the one I created to learn/copy from. Here are the project files: cHelperFuncs.cpp cHelperFuncs.h cRoom.cpp cRoom.h global.h main.cpp And here is the final executable: cat_and_mouse.exe This is a console game, written in C++, and was built in MSVC++. The only bug is when the user enters in type char (because the user is trying to put a char in an int). This problem can be fixed pretty easily, but I was feeling lazy. I'm giving it to you because I believe in learning by example and that I didn't feel like throwing it in the recycle bin. I wrote this a while ago, but recently updated it because I couldn't stand the bad code I wrote. I'm not saying this is how you should write every console game. This is just another example to learn from. So have fun with it and see if you can improve on it (I'm sure someone will). [edited by - DIRECTXMEN on March 28, 2004 11:15:56 PM] [edited by - DIRECTXMEN on March 29, 2004 9:52:05 AM]

Oluseyi    2103
I applaud you, DIRECTXMEN. I haven''t downloaded or tested the code, but building something and sharing it with the community is very cool. Good job!

okonomiyaki    548
Looks like he type in the same folders twice. The real url is:

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/dcl/private/console_game/cat_and_mouse.exe

just take out one "/journal2/dcl" in the other links and it''ll work.

"Apparently this page is not compatible with any browsers." Heh, I like that error message instead of a simple "404 not found."