Reviews?

Started by
13 comments, last by eedok 20 years ago
don''t you dare download those images.

debian should add a giant

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FLOPPY DISK IMAGE THAT''LL DO A NET INSTALL FOR YOU.

link someplace...
Advertisement
quote:Original post by C-Junkie
don''t you dare download those images.

debian should add a giant

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FLOPPY DISK IMAGE THAT''LL DO A NET INSTALL FOR YOU.

link someplace...

Why do I not download the images? The net install looks like it''ll take forever, and if I screw up the install with the images, I won''t have to redownload later..
Since you don''t need all 12 discs for your average user install. You probably only need the first couple. Even so, a net install means you only download the packages you need, not the entire repository.
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
quote:Original post by Doc
Since you don't need all 12 discs for your average user install. You probably only need the first couple. Even so, a net install means you only download the packages you need, not the entire repository.

will it not install faster off of iso's and not have to be restarted if I screw up the install.. Is there anywhere that shows the contents of the CD's so I can see which ones I want?

EDIT: I'm taking the 2dvd option seeing how 2 dvd-r's here cost less than 12 cdr's

[edited by - eedok on March 31, 2004 12:30:02 AM]
Well I don't have enough hard drive space on my linux partitian to download full DVD (d'oh), and jigdo doesn't allow more than 2GB downloads to windows part, so I went with net install, only it didn't work, first off were the error messages I got through the install,
2 missing kernal modules:
sis900(my sound card, maybe this explains why mandrake doesn't like it)
IDEscsi(Not sure about this)

EDIT:Got the net install to work, but damn after 4 hours of install time, I had to leave to actually get to school.. I'm hoping this is a much better improvement..

[edited by - eedok on April 1, 2004 2:31:10 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement