How to build a FAQ

Started by
12 comments, last by Qw3r7yU10p! 20 years ago
There are plans in the works for this sort of thing along with the new forums.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Advertisement
Thanks, fel. What sort of form will it take?

[edited by - petewood on March 31, 2004 9:46:25 AM]
Let''s be a bit more frank about it: There is debate over this sort of thing. Dave is for it, but busy as usual, so there hasn''t been any sort of consensus. I''m the eternal champion, and fel is on my side. Other than that, it gets messy...

Pairing a Wiki/FAQ with a forum is challenging. How do you maximize the efficiency of both sides? How do you make new members aware of its existence and coverage? How do you populate it to the extent that it becomes useful?

The suggestion has received some measure of support from members on the forum, but it appears that the majority are either against it or apathetic. Is it worthwhile, then? I don''t know.
I agree that a forum and a wiki do kind of overlapping things, but I think the wiki format would work better for the knowledge-base function, currently half the forum traffic seems to be old questions being asked again - in a well organized wiki finding previous discussion about something should be ''the logical thing to do'' whenever someone wants to know something.

On the other hand, most people''s lack of experience with Wikis is probably going to be a problem, while forums are a well-known way of internet communication.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement