Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheapest Program for the Job

This topic is 5009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve got a few projects in the works at the moment, and one of these is a semi-tile based game engine (isometric). I have considered a number of different methods for the games art once the engine has been completed, one that I was seriously considering was pixel art, which has a fairly large community of people willing to help out. However the look achieved from pixel art is not what I am looking for, I''m aiming for something along the lines of Sudden Strike''s art. I''m not sure how achievable this is (for me it''s impossible), but I am fairly certain that it''s all pre-rendered meaning I will be on the look out for some modellers soon. My question is, what is the cheapest (and fastest) tool for this sort of job? I''m really on a bare bones budget here, and I need to have some available programmer art ready to test the engine on pretty soon. Thanks for the help Ad

Have you tried Swift 3d for grfx I have a copy and it''s pretty good for 3D stuff although there''t arent a lot of shapes to choose from i.e. you can''t do men that well but for logos and maybe flat landscapes it would be quite good and it''s not very expensive.

Regards
Ian Povey

Spin that wheel homey!