Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Culling systems

This topic is 5008 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if there are any good tutorails on how to PROGRAM any of these following culling systems: octree tree, BSP, Super Frustum Culling. It would be helpful if it did it in OpenGL, but I guess anything is good. I would also like to now if any books talk about how to program any of those culling systems.

quote:
Original post by 3dmodelerguy
all they give is teh code from what i can see and it is .net. i have vc++ 6 and i want some explanation and code together.

Yeah, hence the quotation marks around "tutorials." They have a document describing the Quake 3 BSP format, which is useful. Though, that''s probably not what you''re looking for.

I don''t think so, I am going to want to display LARGE amounts of terrain and I hear that BSP is for indoor displaying. Any one else have a good site of ideas, I would also like to hear your ipinoin in octree is good for very lage terrain (about 1X the size of GTA:VC to 2X the size of GTA:VC). Thanks