Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

problems with projections

This topic is 5003 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, so I'm writing this program for a graphics algorithms course. I have to implement projections. I've already implemented transformations, and I know that works right, so now I just need to figure out why my projections don't work edit: old, stupid code removed. [edited by - capn_midnight on April 2, 2004 8:02:22 AM]

okay, after about 12 straight hours yesterday (hey, I only worked a half-day), I've managed to completely rewrite my projections. Apparently, I was doing them backwards. Atleast now I am getting stuff on the screen. The problem now is that it seems to be shearing the scene in the y axis with respect to the x axis, but they only shear I utilize is an xy shear with respect to the z axis.

anyway, my code.

code update, apparently some people didn't know a VRP is a View Reference Point. I was under the impression that was pretty much standard notation amongst people that have studied graphics.

capn_midnight | Captain Midnight | deviantArt
ACM | SIGGRAPH | Generation5

[edited by - capn_midnight on April 2, 2004 10:56:21 AM]