Please test my C# Managed DirectX engine

Started by
13 comments, last by robpearmain 20 years ago
Hi, I have had a lot of help from you guys over the last week regarding Quads/Sprites etc in C#.NET. I have written a demo of my progress, and would like to know what Frames Per Second you get so I can check I am on the write tracks or not The demo can be downloaded from here Many thanks
Rob
Advertisement
I get just under 200 fps windowed and 260 fps full screen on my GeForce4 MX 440, Athlon XP 2500+ system.

I don't think its rendering correctly though. I have a load of footballs with varying transparencies falling down the middle and either side I have flashing pink and green stripes (which slightly obscure the text).

Off Topic: most people dislike having to install test programs so it would probably be better if you just provided a zip file with the needed dll's, exe and resources so we can run it straight out of the zip.

Mrs Kensington http://www.mikeditum.co.uk

[edited by - mrs kensington on March 29, 2004 12:07:37 PM]
Running on my Centrino 1.4GHz laptop with Intel Extreme graphics card (so you know how crappy my hardware is), I got from 132 - 158 fps and silky smooth animation.

Nice job.
900 windows 1500 fullscreen

but the FPS counter is cut off and it renders as S: XXX

the soccerballs look good though

p4 2.4ghz gf4 ti4200
Animation is smooth, average 300fps in boths windowed and fullscreen mode. As others have reported, FPS counter is cut
off. Oh, and when running in fullscreen mode and another app gets the focus, the demo crashes.

Intel P4 2,2GHz
Geforce4 Ti 4600
WinXP
-------------------------------------------------Founder and DirectorAllSoft Studios
When in full screen, hitting Alt-Tab causes a crash.

Alt-Enter doesn''t change from windowed/full-screen.

Some strange Dos Box comes up when the application loads. (is this the C# part?)

The dos box is probably because he used VC# to create a console app and then created the dx device separately. No biggie it just hides in the bg anyway. I am writing an engine in C# with managed as well. http://www.mswebcreation.com/vst is my homepage if anyone would like to test my demos as well.

[edited by - mikeschuld on March 29, 2004 12:33:23 AM]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Michael Schuld
Many, MANY, thanks for all your comments. I shall continue to develop the engine and will post source etc up on my website when I have documented and tidied up.

How do I stop it crashing between tabbing etc, is there any info on this

Many thanks again

[edited by - robpearmain on March 30, 2004 3:04:38 AM]
Rob
I get up to 1161 FPS.

I am interested in trying out DirectX in .NET as well.

Any chance you will share your source so I can learn from what you have done?

Thanks!

Strahan.

tsunamirealms@hotmail.com

Sure will, just in process of documenting it all and tidying it up.

Cheers
Rob

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement