Off and on loading

Started by
3 comments, last by CyberSlag5k 20 years ago
I have a simple game I''ve recently written in java and have created a webpage that loads the applet. Everythings works great...kinda. It works perfectly on my computer, works perfectly on several of my friends'' computers, works perfectly on a few work computers. However on a few of my other friends'' computers and a few other work computers, it simply won''t load. There doesn''t seem to be any decernable trend to whether or not it will work on any specific computer. The computer I''m on right now at work is Win2k as are 3 others I tried it on. I also tried it on a 98 box. It didn''t work on any of those. However it works on my friend who''s also running 2k. At home (working) I''m running XP and it works on one of the XP boxes here, but not another. My roommate also runs XP but it won''t work for him and his girlfriend gave it a shot on a mac (although I''m not even sure it even makes sense for it to work on a mac, if anyone wishes to enlighten me). With all this in mind, I don''t think it has anything to do with the operating system. So what else could it be? If it doesn''t work, when you put the mouse over the applet the status bar in IE flashes "load: class BrickAssault not found" briefly. It can''t be security based as I''ve tried it on IE''s lowest security setting already. Perhaps something needs to be installed before it will work? Again it''s written in Java so I would think it should work on just about any box. If anyone cares to offer any insight, it would be appreciated. If you want to try it yourself, the game can be found at "http://homepages.udayton.edu/~pateramj/BrickAssault.html". That''s an older version of the game, but please feel free to offer any suggestions/criticisms. It isn''t much, just a multiplayer version of breakout, but typically people seem to enjoy it. Thanks in advance, Mike When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
Advertisement
Make sure people have a proper VM installed on their system. Microsoft''s implementation is usually inadequate.
Sorry but....VM?
Virtual Machine.

It executes Java programs and comes with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) you can download from Sun. Some versions of Windows or Internet Explorer also come with a Microsoft implementation but, as I said, it''s not very good. Replace it with a proper VM whenever you can.
Ah, ok. Thanks.

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement