Questions about Game engine for Double Dragon Remake

Started by
1 comment, last by ddonofrio 20 years ago
Howdy people, I´m new making games and I have some questions. I´m trying to make a remake of the popular game Double Dragon, I have recorded the original music game played by a rock & roll band, I have 3 drawers coping and riping the originals draws and giving a new "look & feel" to the game. But now I need the most important. Start the programming. I don´t have founds to pay to programmers so I and a group of my friends will be the programmers. I will make the game in MS C++ 6.0 and I´m looking for an engine. My first question is: ¿Does enyone know about an engine that can help me to do my work easy? (Remember that this game is 2d but have prof) Thanks in advance. My email is: donofrid@DONTSPAMtelefonica.com.ar [Diego L. D´Onofrio] Buenos Aires Argentina.
[Diego L. D´Onofrio]Buenos AiresArgentina.
Advertisement
i don''t think you really need an "engine" if you are imagining something like a commercial solution. For a 2D double dragon remake, you could easily whip something up yourself in SDL. If you don''t know SDL, it''s definately worth your time to learn. If you really want an "engine" premade for you, i''m not sure you''ll find what you''re looking for. However, the concepts involved in a DD remake are not complicated, they just take time to get down. (graphics, collision detection, scrolling, very basic AI, nothing really new)

http://www.libsdl.org/
Beats of Rage.

You can download the source (ugly C -it''s not at all portable and will require massive rewrites to get it to work on anything apart from DOS.) Alternatively, you can just download the edit pack and make your Double Dragon game from that.

No need to fiddle with writing your own engine!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement