if the reason they change iostream.h to iostream...

Started by
22 comments, last by alnite 20 years ago
quote:Original post by Kylotan
Which filesystems do that?
Not MIME types, but files on the Mac have internal IDS. Their extensions are largely decorative.

Or at least, they used to be. With OS X, Apple has capitulated to the Windows-esque convention of interpreting extension as type for many file types.
Advertisement
hmmm... i was browsing through my "include" folder (i use bcc55), and noticed that there are no header files without the ".h" extension. i guess when you leave it off in your #include statement it is added anyway, and changes something else (a #define maybe) so it uses the std version stuff...
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:Original post by Oluseyi With OS X, Apple has capitulated to the Windows-esque convention of interpreting extension as type for many file types.

You''d think that everything on OSX would be a UNIX-esque convention, since OSX is... well... UNIX.

quote:Even better, get rid of all extensions and use a real filesystem that can store mimetypes for files!

Correct me if I''m wrong (I probably am), but isn''t the MIME type for .h and .cpp files text/plain?
According to the lecturer at uni.

The reason that the c++ standard no longer requires the library header files to be labeled ".h" is because that implies a text file. Essentially it''s so that someone releasing a library can release precompiled headers for their library (although the compiler would have to support it).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement