Question about the CG Language

Started by
1 comment, last by Gammastrahler 20 years ago
Hi, i´m about to buy a new graphics card, i think a Radeon 9800 Pro. Can i write CG programs or are they not supported by the ATI Graphics cards? And, another question: I currently have a Geforce TI 4200. Most shaders from cgshaders.org don´t run (say they require GL_NV_VERTEX_PROGRAM_XX and GL_NV_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_XX, im not completely sure which version). But most of the shaders from the companion cd of the CG Shader Language Book work! And were can i get the emulation tool for my Geforce 4? IS it very slow? thanks Gammastrahler
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Gammastrahler
Can i write CG programs or are they not supported by the ATI Graphics cards?

Yes, you can. If you compile them with the ARB-settings. I am programming Cg with my ATI Radeon 9800 PRO and it works fine. Rumours has it, that the performance will be slightly slower with Cg Shaders on ATI cards compared to others. But I don't have any "performance-numbers" to throw out .

Best regards, Klegg

"To relax but not stay,
is the fastest existing way"
// Klegg

[edited by - Klegg on March 30, 2004 8:58:23 AM]
--Secret of Time - Download your free copy at http://www.secretoftime.net
quote:Original post by Gammastrahler
And were can i get the emulation tool for my Geforce 4? IS it very slow?

The NV30 emulation tool should come with the lastest drivers, if not check out nvidia''s developer pages
and yes, it is VERY VERY slow, its only really usefull for seeing what effects would look like, you can pretty much forget real time as its all done on the cpu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement