Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wingcom

DirectPlay FindHosts [c#]

This is regarding Peer to Peer connections, there is no host but another instance of the app is trying to connect, enumerating all the possible host in a subnet. so how can I tell that the FindHosts has finish enumeration and display the message "FAIL TO FIND VALID HOST". I know I should use CancelAsyncOperation to cancel the FindHosts request, but I dont know when I should use it, any advice? Thanks I have 2 buttons in the form, button 1 will set the parameter host to true and button 2 will set it to false
private Peer connection = null;

private void InitializeDirectPlay(bool host)
{
    connection = new Peer();

connection.FindHostResponse += new FindHostResponseEventHandler(OnFindHost);
    if(host)
    {
        connection.Host(desc, deviceAddress);
    }
    else
    {
        connection.FindHosts(desc, null, deviceAddress, null, 0, 0, 0, FindHostsFlags.OkToQueryForAddressing);
     }
}

private void OnFindHost(object sender,FindHostResponseEventArgs e)
{
    lock(this)
    {
        if(connected)
            return;

connected = true;
        string foundsession = String.Format("Found Session {0}), trying to connect.", e.Message.ApplicationDescription.SessionName);

this.BeginInvoke(new AddTextCallBack(AddText), new object[]{foundsession});

((Peer)sender).Connect( e.Message.ApplicationDescription, e.Message.AddressSender, e.Message.AddressDevice,null,ConnectFlags.OkToQueryForAddressing);
     }
}
[edited by - wingcom on March 30, 2004 10:52:23 PM]