Passing pointer to struct

Started by
0 comments, last by Gibbon_99 20 years ago
Hi I have the following typedef struct { float posX; float posY; } _2dPoint; typedef struct { _2dPoint pos; float somethingelse; float anotherThing; } _wayPoint; extern _wayPoint *waypoints; waypoints = malloc(enough space to hold all the data) Q: How do I pass the waypoints pointer to a script, so that within the script I can access: waypoints.pos.posX Thanks very much.
Advertisement
AngelScript doesn''t yet support the [] operator so I suggest you do the following:

_wayPoint *WayPoint(int index){  if( index < 0 || index >= maxWayPoints )  {    GetActiveContext()->SetException("Out of bounds");    return 0;  }  return waypoints[index];} 

Register this function as follows:

engine->RegisterGlobalFunction("waypoint &WayPoint(int index)", asFUNCTION(WayPoint), asCALL_CDECL); 

This will allow you to make the following statements in AngelScript:

int n = 10;waypoint wp;wp = WayPoint(n);wp.pos.posX = WayPoint(n+1).pos.posX;wp.pos.posY = WayPoint(n+2).pos.posY;WayPoint(n) = wp; 

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement