Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDL for Borland

This topic is 5001 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I need to get a functional SDL for Borland 6.0 I have tried to use the once for VC6 and convert them but no luck there. Would be great if someone got it allready prepared.. I need SDL.lib and SDL_net.lib Dont know if there is anything else I need though. Greatful for any help i can get //Magnus

Go here and download SDL-1.2.7.zip. Extract and you''ll find a file called borland.zip. Extract that and you should find a subdirectory called lib. All the borland lib files you need to get SDL up and running with a borland compiler can be found in there.

Hope that helps

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}

Ok.. That I have, but when I have extracted the BORLAND zip and tried and follow the instructions, it asks for packages
: webdsnap.bpi
: websnabp.bpi

I dont have those pakages. And once its done building it says:
unable to open websnap.bpi...?!? What is that?

You don''t actually need to build SDL from the source yourself. Here are the essential files you need to start programming an SDL app:

1. The lib files I mentioned in the my first post
2. The *.h include files found under the include directory
3. SDL.dll which you can find in SDL-1.2.7-win32.zip under the same SDL download page.

It''s a good idea to put all those sdl files in it''s own directory instead of sticking it in with the compile''s include and lib directory. Afterwards, add in the sdl\include path and sdl\lib path to your bcc32.cfg and ilink32.cfg files. This way, the compile will know where to locate those files when needed.

Now when you compile your SDL app you''ll also need to link to sdl.lib and sdlmain.lib. The command would look something like this if you''re compiling from the commandline:

bcc32 -tW mysdlapp.cpp second_source.cpp sdlmain.lib sdl.lib

If you''re using the IDE to compile remember to add in those two sdl lib files and the appropriate sdl include directory in the project manager. And remember to compile it as a windows program, not a console app.

--{You fight like a dairy farmer!}