Why is Visual C++.NET doing this to me?

Started by
4 comments, last by Ekim_Gram 20 years ago
Whenever I try to send my games to people, it always asks for msvcp71d.dll and msvcr71.dll. I was told that these shouldn''t be distributed with a release and even if I give it to them...it still asks for it. I never had this problem with VC++ 6. How can I fix it. Is there some .NET file I have to send with my projects now? VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions
Advertisement
It appears that you didn''t build Release. (I''m not saying you don''t know this; I''m just pointing at the evidence - the request for debug DLLs - and drawing inference.)

Try a clean & rebuild all in Release mode.
Take a look at the file ''redist.txt'' that comes with your compiler. This lists the files that you are allowed to redistribute with your programs. Microsoft packages the DLLs as merge modules (MSMs). You can place these merge modules in your program distro. Most of these files are C++ runtime environments, or other required DLLs like the STL.
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
It appears that you didn't build Release. (I'm not saying you don't know this; I'm just pointing at the evidence - the request for debug DLLs - and drawing inference.)

Try a clean & rebuild all in Release mode.

While that could be the case, sometimes you still have to distribute the modules.

[edited by - psamty10 on April 3, 2004 2:12:58 PM]
here is the msdn page that you are looking for:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_CRT_C_Run.2d.Time_Libraries.asp

The short answer from that page is you must distribute the files. Just keep them locally so that you don''t overwrite the system version.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster The short answer from that page is you must distribute the files.

You must redist msvcp71.dll and msvcrt71.dll. You are *NOT* allowed to redist msvcp71d.dll and msvcrt71d.dll.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement