Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fast application development...

This topic is 5007 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I need to make a few small tools for my game to work with the map and some extra stuff like that, and I need a library which is quick & easy to use. Anything that''s not MFC would be fine...I searched google and found some options but I''m not sure how good most of these libraries are so I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys may have...Thanks.

I need it the most for a 3d map editor where you should be able to place different primitives, entities and stuff like that...I guess I can use basic windows programming for the other apps since they shouldn't be as big, basically I just want something a little bit more organized. That way I don't end up with a messy code I can't keep track of.

[edited by - JohnyB on April 4, 2004 1:30:07 AM]

.NET was designed for quick RAD (rapid application development).

Takes care of a lot of the nitty gritty Win32 api details, so that you can spend most of your time implementing the features your tool provides, instead of hooking events, etc..

~Graham

----
while (your_engine >= my_engine)
my_engine++;