Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texture Corrds Problem... (Screen Shot)

This topic is 4999 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been using Poser to create my characters and everything goes smooth except the texture coords. When ever I export the model the texture coords are all off. As you can see the eye''s are way off like every thing else. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I''m doing wrong? Is there a way around this? Thanks -UltimaX- Ariel Productions |Designing A Screen Shot System| "You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

I''ve used Poser-objects before. The texture on the chest seems fine.
How are you handling the seams? Ie. 2 texture-coordinates on one vertex.

That was a screen shot from DeepExploration. I was loading it into there so I could convert it to another file format. I loaded it into a couple different modeling programs and they all look like that. The other modeling programs showed a white seam from the front part body and the back part. Is it exporting the coords wrong?

-UltimaX-
Ariel Productions
|Designing A Screen Shot System|

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

Hmm. That's odd. I've used Deep Exploration to convert a model into Lightwave-format, no such errors there.
However, I never used Poser itself to actually give the models a pose before converting.
Have you tried to load a 'base'-model in Deep Exploration and converting it? Just load one of the models from Posers' directory-tree and export it. If it works, then Posers own exporter/own format isn't read correctly by Deep Exploration, I guess.

Edit: BTW, one thing I did notice (regarding the eyes on your model), is that it seems polygon surfaces aren't assigned the correct texture when exported. Not sure if it's because of Deep Exploration or Poser, but just a "heads up".
The eyes have their own texture and it looks like they're currently textured with the skin-texture.

[edited by - tunah on April 4, 2004 4:42:26 PM]