Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blitz3d or darkbasic

This topic is 4999 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i bought darkbasic a while ago, but found it very hard to learn(i was only 11). i then migrated to using qbasic, and am actually quite good at that. recently i decided i need to change from qbasic to a more advanced but similar language. i have seen many people saying how good blitz3d is, but i already have darkbasic. should i stick with darkbasic(so basically, is any good) or should i buy blitz3d(lot of money). i want to create something simple at first, and then go on to something 3d. also, which has most support(i need it ;-) ) thanks in advance

<< i want to create something simple at first, and then go on to something 3d. >>

If you''re creating something simple, probably won''t matter. Go with what you have (DarkBasic). I don''t have DarkBasic, but apparently you can use DirectX calls with it. There is a big community online that can help you (besides GameDev.net)

DarkBasic Home

Good to see younger people starting with a Basic language and learning the fundamentals, rather than attemping some MMORPG in C++ that will never get finished You''ll probably move to C or C++ in a few years, but its important to start small.

Phil P

thanks, yea, i started with an interest in programming at about 11 or 12, got bored cos it was too hard an i wnated to make tomb raider in a day, about a year ago i started programming in qbasic, after seriously considering a career in game programming. now at the age of 15 im quite an acomplished qbasic programmer, i jus wanna try something new. im hoping to move on to C++ someday, jus not yet

thanks alot!!