Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andybooth

blitz3d or darkbasic

hi, i bought darkbasic a while ago, but found it very hard to learn(i was only 11). i then migrated to using qbasic, and am actually quite good at that. recently i decided i need to change from qbasic to a more advanced but similar language. i have seen many people saying how good blitz3d is, but i already have darkbasic. should i stick with darkbasic(so basically, is any good) or should i buy blitz3d(lot of money). i want to create something simple at first, and then go on to something 3d. also, which has most support(i need it ;-) ) thanks in advance

<< i want to create something simple at first, and then go on to something 3d. >>

If you''re creating something simple, probably won''t matter. Go with what you have (DarkBasic). I don''t have DarkBasic, but apparently you can use DirectX calls with it. There is a big community online that can help you (besides GameDev.net)

DarkBasic Home

Good to see younger people starting with a Basic language and learning the fundamentals, rather than attemping some MMORPG in C++ that will never get finished You''ll probably move to C or C++ in a few years, but its important to start small.

Phil P

thanks, yea, i started with an interest in programming at about 11 or 12, got bored cos it was too hard an i wnated to make tomb raider in a day, about a year ago i started programming in qbasic, after seriously considering a career in game programming. now at the age of 15 im quite an acomplished qbasic programmer, i jus wanna try something new. im hoping to move on to C++ someday, jus not yet

thanks alot!!