Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transparant Bitmap in DX 9.0b 3D

This topic is 5006 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I want to display a 32bits bitmap with ColourKey (green RGB 128,255,0 transparent on Fullscreen. DirectX 9.0 SDK 3D surface. Loading the texture also with colourkey D3DCOLOR_XRGB(128,255,0). rslt=D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx(g_pDevice,strPath, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT,D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_UNKNOWN,D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DX_DEFAULT, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(128,255,0), NULL, NULL,&g_pSpriteTexture) I am using now, g_Bitmap32Bits.SetColourKey(D3DCOLOR_XRGB(128,255,0)); I am clearing the surface with, g_pDevice->Clear(0,0, D3DCLEAR_TARGET, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,128), 0.0f, 0); The result on the screen is a Blue background, good, My Bitmap, good no green color of the keycolor, but the color around my bitmap is black? I want this blue same as the background. When i set the background to black good, but i want him BLUE. Who can help me?

These are just some ideas...
(1) Do you have alpha-blending enabled? (This is just a renderstate, look it up in the SDK)
(2) Instead of using D3DCOLOR_XRGB macro (which automatically puts 255 in for your alpha), try using D3DCOLOR_ARGB and specifying a lower alpha value.

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP