Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russell

O'Caml

Can anyone get any of the links from the O''Caml homepage to work? Specifically, the ones to caml.inria.fr. I can ping caml.inria.fr, but can''t get any webpages from it. OCaml.org O''Caml Overview - can''t get this one to work. It looks like the site hasn''t been updated in quite a while. I hope the project isn''t dead.

The project isn''t dead, but they''ve been having some problems with their servers. Don''t worry, O''Caml isn''t going anywhere.

Couldn''t access caml.inria.fr yesterday but ocaml.org worked fine so presumably it is a server thing. The project is apparently still alive and well

ocaml.org isn''t updated very often, caml.inria.fr is the ''official official site''.

C++ - not great, SWIG does create wrappers for most C++ classes ok, but to actually use them in a meaningful way can be a bit of a mind bender. You can hand generate C interface for a few classes, but when you''ve got large systems using a generator is almost mandatory.

C interop OTOH is very well implemented.

I don''t particularly see C++ interop as a big deal anyway, if you have a large C++ library you want to wrap I''d tend to say you''d want to be using a more dynamic language like Python, letting the C++ lib do the heavy lifting with Python for the main app logic. YMMV of course.