Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Issues with Locking VertexBuffers (MDX C#)

This topic is 5005 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve spent all day trying to get skeletal animation working, but to no avail. I''ve found 7 documents and all have a different approach, and most are in languages I don''t understand. I found one here on GameDev, and that''s the one I''m following. Though it''s in C++, I''ve managed to translate it to C#. But I''m stuck on this one step: C++:
				// Lock the meshes'' vertex buffers

void *SrcPtr, *DestPtr;
				pMesh->MeshData.pMesh->LockVertexBuffer(D3DLOCK_READONLY, (void**)&SrcPtr);
				pMesh->pSkinMesh->LockVertexBuffer(0, (void**)&DestPtr);

// Update the skinned mesh using provided transformations

pMesh->pSkinInfo->UpdateSkinnedMesh(m_pBoneMatrices, NULL, SrcPtr, DestPtr);

// Unlock the meshes vertex buffers

pMesh->pSkinMesh->UnlockVertexBuffer();
				pMesh->MeshData.pMesh->UnlockVertexBuffer();
Seems simple enough, right? There are multiple ways to get the vertexbuffers locked in C#. You can use Mesh.LockVertexBuffer, or Mesh.VertexBuffer.Lock, and both of those have overloads. Some overloads return a GraphicsStream object, which I have no use for, I need an array to pass to the UpdateSkinnedMesh function.
					Mesh SrcMesh = cm.MeshData.Mesh;
					Mesh DestMesh = cm.SkinnedMesh;
					D3D.CustomVertex.PositionTextured[] Src = new D3D.CustomVertex.PositionTextured[200];
					Src = (D3D.CustomVertex.PositionTextured[]) SrcMesh.VertexBuffer.Lock(0,LockFlags.ReadOnly);

Array Dest = DestMesh.LockVertexBuffer(DestMesh.VertexFormat.GetType(),LockFlags.None,new int[]{DestMesh.NumberVertices});

cm.SkinInformation.UpdateSkinnedMesh(BoneMatrices,null,Src,out Dest) ;

cm.SkinnedMesh.UnlockVertexBuffer();
					cm.MeshData.Mesh.UnlockVertexBuffer();

This is currently my code, though I''ve changed over and over which method and overload to use and all. Basically I get one of two errors : Object contains non-Primitive or non-Blittable data, or Value cannot be null. I''m starting to think there''s just a bug in MDX or something, because I just can''t find what the problem is. It appears on the first Lock, by the way. Any ideas? Thanks in advance