Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

demonrealms

this error is so stupid

I have a fellign no one is going to belive I''m legitament when I ask this question b/c everyone says this to rip people/companies off, but here it goes anyway. I have a Vice City GTA game and it''s getting very scratched up and I''m afraid soon it will stop working properly, so I tried to make an exact copy of it and it doesn''t work on the PS2. So I was wondering if there was a way around this. I understand this post will probably make me labeled and idiot and a pirate and most likly never to be talked to again but after spending a week''s worth at work and buying a game with some of yuor money to find out after a while it''s getting scratched up is VERY annoying. So is there anyway I can solve my problem? Maybe somthing that will work oly on VICE_CITY so that way everyone can be sure I''m not pirateing games or somthing? Thanks.

Guest Anonymous Poster
buy a ps2 modchip, only way to play copied games

quote:

buying a game with some of yuor money to find out after a while it''s getting scratched up is VERY annoying. So is there anyway I can solve my problem?

Yes, in fact there is a very simple and efficient one: take better care of your original CDs. That easy ! Astonishing, isn''t it ?

But you are right, this is indeed pretty stupid. Posting a question about how to pirate a game in a general programming forum. What do you expect ? Someone to post C++ code of how to circumvent the copy protection ? Idiot.

use your hands rather than your teeth to put the DVD into the console, as they are much less likely to scratch the disk.

A lot of publishers will replace a damaged CD for a nominal fee. Call ''em up.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

quote:
Original post by Sneftel
A lot of publishers will replace a damaged CD for a nominal fee. Call ''em up.
Given that excellent, perfectly valid answer, I feel there is no further value to be derived from this thread.

Closed.