Sound Problem(New Distro this time)

Started by
2 comments, last by eedok 20 years ago
Well after getting Debian up and running I get a (drumroll)sound problem. Except this time the expert program isn''t trying to hide the problem and tells me that I don''t have it configured properly. I use a SiS7012 sound card, and I searched google for my problem and that''s the solution I got, cept I dunno how to enable Intel i810 audio support, any information I could get on this. Oh yea and as for the errors they look something like this in KDE(can''t remember the installer errors), "Error while initializing the sound drive: device:/dev/dsp can''t be opened permission denied"(I know it''s not a permissions thing)
Advertisement
Be specific. ALSA? Did you compile your own kernel? Are you sure it''s not a permission problem: you need to be in the "audio" group.
My stuff.Shameless promotion: FreePop: The GPL god-sim.
ALSA?
err what? If you''re asking the program reporting the problem it''s X (or w/e the startup program is called(the text that scrolls up at startup)), and KDE
Did you compile your own kernel?
No
Are you sure it''s not a permission problem: you need to be in the "audio" group.
yes I am in the audio group.
once you''re sure you''re in the audio group,

type ''dpkg --get-selections | grep alsa'' if nothing comes up, then google for ''SiS OSS linux kernel module'' or maybe someone will tell you the name for the SiS audio driver.

I''m assuming you''re using the 2.4/2.2 kernel debian woody comes with by default.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement