Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motorola T720i Connectivity

This topic is 5005 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, I wrote a simple client/server game using the J2ME wireless toolkit. This worked fine in the toolkit simulation. I set up a WML page to download the game and this too, works fine. The game even runs in its single player mode on the phone, the problem comes when i try to connect to the server from this phone... Im using a motorola T720i and have made sure that the jar is MIDP1.0 for this handset. The phone asks you to confirm whether it should use the network connection or not, it stays on this screen after confirmation, then fails to find the server. Im using the socket connection in the form socket://: Does anyone know whether this is a handset issue or am i just being very stupid? I also downloaded and compiled test code that should simply use an HTTP connection to the server and displays text from a file. This works on the simulation, not on the handset however... Id appreciate it if anyone knows anything about this as it is my dissertation project and im loosing time already thanks Matt