Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Specchum

SDL_image linking problems

I''m getting a fatal link error which reports of ''invalid or corrupt '' sdl_image.dll file. I downloaded the both the binary and source for sdl_image. Then in my program I did "#include "sdl_image.h" (apart from sdl.h), and in the LINKS property (in VC++) I added sdl_image.dll. And I got the above error. So, then I tried recompiling the source and generating a new sdl_image.dll. This compiled perfectly and I tried using the new sdl_image.dll file, but I still get the same error, even though I have overwritten the old dll with the new one. Am I missing any step apart from including the .h file and linking the dll in project settings? "There is no dark side of the moon." - Pink Floyd

Don't include the dll in your linker settings directly. Instead link against the export library for the dll. If you compiled your own version, a copy of the export library should be in the same directory with the generated dll.

edit: it should be called SDL_image.lib. (If you had downloaded the developers version of the runtime, a copy should also be in that zip file.)

[edited by - SiCrane on April 5, 2004 4:37:26 AM]