Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2dcoder

Frame Rate Test Please

Hi, I was wondering if a few of you could download this small demo and run it and post here what kind of frame rate you are getting? I''m hoping to achieve at least a 30-40fps frame rate on today''s 3D Card enabled computers. (For 2D games.) Requirements: Directx8 3D Video Card (Geforce 2 or better) VB6 Runtimes Installed (Most if not all machines have these) It''s a small 120k download. http://gserver.us/dave/dtest.zip Also, please mention if you see the various alpha stuff on the big rotating sprite and the small sprites coming from the mouse. Thank you for your help.

Guest Anonymous Poster
85 fps, P4 1.7 MHz, 128 MB RAM, GeForce 64 MB

Looks pretty nice by the way. All the alpha stuff and rotations run smoothly. Is it the beginning of a game or just a test?

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
GeForce 64 MB

Make that GeForce3 64 MB

The FPS here matches my monitor refresh rate - it was 75 when I was at 75hz, I switched to 85hz and the FPS went to 85. My monitor only refreshes up to 85hz, so I''m not sure how fast this *could* get ...

quote:
Also, please mention if you see the various alpha stuff on the big rotating sprite and the small sprites coming from the mouse.

Yep.

GeForce4 64MB
P4 2.4ghz
512M RAM

Thanks everyone for running the demo and the feedback, I appreciate it! This wasn''t for any particular game, just a test of the tile/sprite engine.