Frame Rate Test Please

Started by
7 comments, last by 2dcoder 20 years ago
Hi, I was wondering if a few of you could download this small demo and run it and post here what kind of frame rate you are getting? I''m hoping to achieve at least a 30-40fps frame rate on today''s 3D Card enabled computers. (For 2D games.) Requirements: Directx8 3D Video Card (Geforce 2 or better) VB6 Runtimes Installed (Most if not all machines have these) It''s a small 120k download. http://gserver.us/dave/dtest.zip Also, please mention if you see the various alpha stuff on the big rotating sprite and the small sprites coming from the mouse. Thank you for your help.
Advertisement
FPS : 60
CIII 1.2G
256MB
GeForceII 64MB

[edited by - remi on April 5, 2004 6:39:21 AM]
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"
So far so good, thanks!
I got ~73FPS

RADEON 9500PRO
AMD Athlon XP Thouroughbred 2000+@1.67Ghz
512MB DDR Ram

Jacob H. Hansen - My Website
85 fps, P4 1.7 MHz, 128 MB RAM, GeForce 64 MB

Looks pretty nice by the way. All the alpha stuff and rotations run smoothly. Is it the beginning of a game or just a test?
Nice demo dude,

60 FPS,
P4 1.6Gb
512Mb Ram
Matrox P650 64Mb
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
GeForce 64 MB

Make that GeForce3 64 MB
The FPS here matches my monitor refresh rate - it was 75 when I was at 75hz, I switched to 85hz and the FPS went to 85. My monitor only refreshes up to 85hz, so I''m not sure how fast this *could* get ...

quote:Also, please mention if you see the various alpha stuff on the big rotating sprite and the small sprites coming from the mouse.

Yep.

GeForce4 64MB
P4 2.4ghz
512M RAM
Thanks everyone for running the demo and the feedback, I appreciate it! This wasn''t for any particular game, just a test of the tile/sprite engine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement