Frame buffer question

Started by
6 comments, last by naruto 20 years ago
Hoi gamedev, i have some problems with using frame buffers. is there any examples (online source code) that use frame buffers? i tried to find some but couldn''t find it. thanks
Advertisement
Which operating system, programming language, compiler?

Check NeHe''s OpenGL Tutorials, they use the frame buffer...

cya,
Drag0n

-----------------------------
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning..." -- Rich Cook
-----------------------------"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning..." -- Rich Cook"...nobody ever accused English pronounciation and spelling of being logical." -- Bjarne Stroustrup"...the war on terror is going badly because, if you where to compare it to WWII, it's like America being attacked by Japan, and responding by invading Brazil." -- Michalson
quote:Original post by Drag0n
Which operating system, programming language, compiler?

Check NeHe''s OpenGL Tutorials, they use the frame buffer...

cya,
Drag0n

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning..." -- Rich Cook

im using windows 2000, visual c++ .net (version 2003) and C++ as programming language. i already checked nehe.gamedev. i will try it again.
All NeHe tutorials use the doublebuffer. You might want to take a look at the Red Book, a link can be found in the reference section.

cya,
Drag0n

-----------------------------"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning..." -- Rich Cook"...nobody ever accused English pronounciation and spelling of being logical." -- Bjarne Stroustrup"...the war on terror is going badly because, if you where to compare it to WWII, it's like America being attacked by Japan, and responding by invading Brazil." -- Michalson
aha some tutorials use the depth buffer etc. but is there an example that use all the buffers (color, depth, stencil, accumlation, and the clearing)? write and read from these buffers etc.

it would help me a lot.

thnx
all the infomation is there in the tutorials (well, maybe not the accum buffer, but until the current generation of cards this wasnt viable anyways as it always caused a switch back to software), you just have to pull it all together
The only way to write ''directly'' do any given buffer is either a textured primitive or glReadPixels / glDrawPixels / glCopyPixels

What exactly are you trying to do?
Waramp.Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.That way, when you do insult him, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes.
quote:Original post by WarAmp
The only way to write 'directly' do any given buffer is either a textured primitive or glReadPixels / glDrawPixels / glCopyPixels

What exactly are you trying to do?

well i want to write all the image i want to use into the frame buffers for the cubemap (is not 6 pictures but a lot more that shows that something moves).

i dont know if this is the right way to do this but im still experiment with this.

#edit#
if i dont use the buffers and want to load some images. is it right that the image will be load from the harddrive to the memory of the graphics card and frome there on the imagew wil be retrieved from there? and if so what is the difference between this and using frame buffer? it is not clear for me.

thnx

[edited by - naruto on April 6, 2004 8:44:00 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement