What sort of AI demos would "wow" an employer?

Started by
41 comments, last by wyrd 20 years ago
It''s become aparent to me that the best way to get a game programming job is to concentrate on a specific area. I haven''t done much AI programming, but it certainly does appeal to me, far more than any other area. So I was wondering, what should I be working my ways towards in terms of a demo that would wow an employer?
Advertisement
Flocking behavior of 1000''s of agents though a complex obstacle course. Coordinated behaviors of a squad of units toward a goal ( using as using overwatch, rear guard, and point ). Pathfinding of 1000''s of units in realtime across some complex terrain. You might want to combine the flocking with the pathfinding.

Those should be impressive enough. AI is an enormous field, but for games, mostly its state machines, flocking, pathfinding, and agent-agent communciation.

-ddn
Why don''t you automate a virtual agent''s ability to scratch their ass? Oh sorry, just continuing the theme of waste my time posts.
"Why don''t you automate a virtual agent''s ability to scratch their ass? Oh sorry, just continuing the theme of waste my time posts."

You mean like in farcry? lol i bet they thought that was hilarious to do.
http://www.codingdreams.org
ddn3: Thanks for the advice.
Try writting a small non graphics intensive rts. That way you can focus on your AI and show something complete.
How could you make a non-graphical RTS?
quote:Original post by wyrd
How could you make a non-graphical RTS?

non-graphical _intensive_. he didn''t say without graphics, just without a focus on high quality graphics.

-me
Ah, misread.
write some AI that doenst get stuck in walls. that should impress people.
-jonnii=========jon@voodooextreme.comwww.voodooextreme.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement