What do u prefer ?

Started by
52 comments, last by Andrew S 20 years ago
I wanna make a survey bout ya ppl.The question is what kinda games do u like most and the reason u like em.What kinda graphics do u like the games 2 be ? What kinda story ? Just a few things about the games u enjoy most.Mmmm one more thing...do u think 2d games will reappear as best games like those once were ?
Advertisement
2d games aren''t exactly long lasting usualy. The game I most enjoyed was one called Silver, who remembers that old chestnut?
quote:Original post by Andrew S
do u think 2d games will reappear as best games like those once were ?
No. Never. Get over it.
i like rpg''s,adventure games, and sports games. most are games you can play over and over. i like realistic 3d games that have amazing effect and the game look. i like nonlinear stories like in ffx2. i dont think 2d games will reapear.
I played this one 2.Good one.

Anyway im askin what would ya prefer in a game.A 3d 1024x768 resolution and a boring cliche''ed story or a 320x240 with an amazing story and gameplay ?
Lets face it.In almost every game there is something that has 2 be stupid or re-made over and over.Nothing new except the graphics.So...Does the graphics contribute to the game ? In what manner ? How can a bad game with good graphics become a good game ?
I would prefer, a 320x240, with fair graphics, an amazing storyline, excellent music, and voice instead of text

think 'Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis'

also, while different,

Monkey Island 3 was great,

but Monkey Island 4 sucked, 3D ruined it.

I would also like to see games like, KQ5 to KQ7 come back.

KQ8 stomped on the whole serries =/ again because it was 3D,

totaly messed up the genre.

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

[edited by - EDI on April 6, 2004 4:09:41 PM]

[edited by - EDI on April 6, 2004 4:11:32 PM]

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

I played this one 2.Good one.

Anyway im askin what would ya prefer in a game.A 3d 1024x768 resolution and a boring cliche''ed story or a 320x240 with an amazing story and gameplay ?

Why does it have to be one or the other? I''d prefer the 3D hi-res with a good story and gameplay. They''re not mutually exclusive, you know.

I enjoy a good story as much as the next guy, but I would tend to be put off by a game in this day and age that is stuck at 320x240--and so would many other people, I''d imagine. If the developer is too lazy (or too limited) to exceed that archaic limitation, what is to make me think the story and/or gameplay will be any better?

Golem
Blender--The Gimp--Python--Lua--SDL
Nethack--Crawl--ADOM--Angband--Dungeondweller
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
do u think 2d games will reappear as best games like those once were ?
No. Never. Get over it.

I disagree, there are still some really creative things you can do with 2D... I just don''t think the industry giants are going to make big leaps of faith...

but that doesn''t mean independent game companies can''t pioneer some new kind of genre that might make 2D king again.

An example might be cell phone games.
As far as I can tell, 2D is king on Cell Phones.

Also, flash games are some of the most popular games in the world, and they''re pretty much all 2D.
No story, your just droped in a sweet car in a sweet town with a sweet chick for no reason next to you. The view is locked inside the car any the resolution is (a multiple of) 2x1. You just drive around n smash things. Thats the kinda game i wanna play.

edit: and no, unless the above game was in 2d somehow.

[edited by - honayboyz on April 6, 2004 5:11:32 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement