Any Thoughts on Psychedelic Gameplay?

Started by
30 comments, last by irbrian 20 years ago
The original cube movie wasn''t trippy physics at all. It explained it very well in 3 dimensional terms. The rooms were just constantly being motored to a new spot inside the cube.
The hypercube was a very good form of 4D world. That is the one with all the trippy physics. There isa thread somewhere in this section about creating a game based on that sort of idea of a hypercube.

I like the idea of an oddesy through art forms. It could even be setup as an educational peice of software. Imagine a level where clocks are melting and dripping everywhere. some are floating. As you walk through the level, the animations going on around you speed up and slow down. Solving puzzles in this room could be figuring out how to reach the "golden key" before it gets destroyed by some machine. Figuring out which way to walk through the different time zones of that level could determine weather it gets destroyed or not before you reach it. After this you open a door with your key and slip down what turns into a water fall off a mountain, which in turn flows you past pyramids and down into space. you''re stuck in the center. All you can do here is paint constelations. When you figure out that finishing real constellation shapes starts building platforms or pads for you to float towards or anchor to or something, you''ll start finding more constellations. Unlock enough and it moves you into the next world. It could be a rather excitingly brain teasing game.

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
Advertisement
I had an idea a while ago that had to do with drugs in a game. The idea was that you could take these drugs and they would affect various things in different way: 1) Audio/Video (halucinations and such) 2) Perception of time 3) State (Could affecs how you move, you might swerve, go in a gurve, reverse controls (like the mushrooms in earthbound. There could be poison) 4) Stats (strength, accuracy, def). There would be eather predefined drugs or some type of alchemy system to make em. I figure this system would work well in either one of those driving/shooting split games (like vice city) or a real time combat RPG. I think that somthing like this would add an interesting aspect to any game.

P.S. That drugged out tetris game was awesome.
--------------------------http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/icons/icon51.gif ... Hammer time

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement