My tutorial series: #2 is up.

Started by
14 comments, last by PnP Bios 20 years ago
Da Kliky to meh site! My first tutorial was on state based programming. I got some good feedback on that one. This one is a little more simple, but I still think that people could benifit from it. I''ll take requests too, if you think this one is any good. I try to avoid topics that deal specifically with API''s, but I was planning on making the next one deal with resource managment. Anyways, tell me what you think.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Advertisement
bump. Doesn''t anybody like my tuorials?
I''ll respond because I don''t like to see help and support go unnoticed. I took a quick gander through both the tutorials and saw them as quite usefull. I''m sure someone will welcome them.

I reckon the lack of responses is due, in part, to the bland and uninteresting style of your site. Add some pizzazz to it. I don''t mean crap animated gifs, hideous fonts and garish colours. Just something to inspire the reader a little more.

Anyway, keep up the work and don''t let the lack of response stop you creating tutorials.
I can also say that I''ve given your tutorials a glance, and I''m sure someone will find it useful. I''s always nice to see people producing tutorials.

I would also suggest refining your page look a bit, and I''m sure you will get more visitors.
- F

-victory is mine.
-victory is mine!
For some reason whenever you type code it''s red, and much much smaller. It should be the size of the rest of the text and in a more pleasent color than red, prolly some variance of grey.
Hmm... I like the simple layout of your site. Good tutorials!
-Vendal Thornheart=) Programming for a better tomorrow... well,for a better simulated tomorrow. ;)
I agree with the above, the tutorials themselves look to be fairly good, but the site is quite plain, and the code is difficult to read due to being smaller and red. Although the plain look of the site could be improved, it isnt something you need to do. The style of your code however, could definately use improvement, as the smaller text size and choice of the colour red make it actually rather difficult to read.

Some other potential ways you could clearly show which sections are code include:
-Seperate code from tutorial text using horizontal rules (hr tags) above and below the code text.
-Place a slightly different coloured background (such as a light gray) behind the code sections.
-IFrames (although I wouldnt really recommend this one).

- Jason Astle-Adams

quote:Original post by VThornheart
Hmm... I like the simple layout of your site. Good tutorials!

agreed,
--------------------------A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to pertain interest and long enough to cover the subject..
Thanks for the replies!
OK, I will change the code format, I looked at it on another computer today, and it is damned hard to read. That will get fixed.

Did anybody like the printer friendly version feature?

I will definitly work on the site layout. This is just a quikie frontpage experiement.

Anybody have some more Ideas for tutorials, otherwise the next one will be titled...

"The right triangle is your friend..." covering everything you can do with a simple triangle. sin, cos, distance...

Again, thanks!
Actually, it didnt occur to me to look at your printer friendly version the first time I visited the site, since I didnt want to print your tutorials, but its definately a nice feature to have, and it seems to do its job nicely now that I''ve actually looked at it.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement