Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS Access question...

This topic is 5004 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know this isn't exactly programming, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to make a pie chart and I'm getting pretty angry about it. Here is the situation: I have three colums as such:
  Concert   Commedian  Speaker
1 yes                  yes
2 yes                  yes
3           yes        yes
4 yes       yes        yes
5 yes
5           yes
6           yes

now this give me a total of 4 yes in the concert, 4 in commedian, and 4 in speaker. Now i want to make a pie chart to reflect thes numbers (in this case it should be four equal slices representing 33%). How on earth do you do this? I've figured out how to get a quary that will give me a table as follows:
  Concert    Commedian  Speaker
1 4          4          4

But I can't figure out how to turn that into a pie chart either. Please help me out here. Mike [edited by - Mike on April 5, 2004 9:16:55 PM]

As much as I apriciate the smart ass response, I've already gone that avenue and had no luck. And if it works so well for you, you give it a go and get back to me when you've found an answere.

[edited by - Mike on April 5, 2004 9:22:21 PM]

I''ve managed to create a pie chart using a PivotTable. It''s a bit convoluted. Assuming you''ve got a table:

Concert Yes/No
Commedian Yes/No
SPeaker Yes/No

Then create a new form and use the PivotTable wizard. Editing the PivotTable, dragging the fields to the left hand column (you''ll see what I mean) will create totals. Then, use the Excel Insert->Chart command to create the pie chart.

Skizz