Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

MS Access question...

I know this isn't exactly programming, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to make a pie chart and I'm getting pretty angry about it. Here is the situation: I have three colums as such:
  Concert   Commedian  Speaker
1 yes                  yes
2 yes                  yes
3           yes        yes
4 yes       yes        yes
5 yes
5           yes
6           yes

now this give me a total of 4 yes in the concert, 4 in commedian, and 4 in speaker. Now i want to make a pie chart to reflect thes numbers (in this case it should be four equal slices representing 33%). How on earth do you do this? I've figured out how to get a quary that will give me a table as follows:
  Concert    Commedian  Speaker
1 4          4          4

But I can't figure out how to turn that into a pie chart either. Please help me out here. Mike [edited by - Mike on April 5, 2004 9:16:55 PM]

I don''t know, but usually when I hit the F1 button it usually gives me an avenue to solve my software usage dilemmas.

As much as I apriciate the smart ass response, I've already gone that avenue and had no luck. And if it works so well for you, you give it a go and get back to me when you've found an answere.

[edited by - Mike on April 5, 2004 9:22:21 PM]

I''ve managed to create a pie chart using a PivotTable. It''s a bit convoluted. Assuming you''ve got a table:

Concert Yes/No
Commedian Yes/No
SPeaker Yes/No

Then create a new form and use the PivotTable wizard. Editing the PivotTable, dragging the fields to the left hand column (you''ll see what I mean) will create totals. Then, use the Excel Insert->Chart command to create the pie chart.

Skizz