Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screenshots of my 3D Engine

This topic is 4990 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is some screenshots of the game im working on I just recently finished the particle system up and im proud of it. Do you like it? btw. The fps are low because I have a geforce 2. Also this is my first fully 3D engine Also all the models were also made by me

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on April 5, 2004 10:03:50 PM]

ok i''ll give some constructive comments...

generally, it looks pretty good.

I can''t really comment on the particle system, because I need to see it in action, but it does look somewhat weird...i dunno...

Making a game engine is no easy task, let alone a 3D one.

Personally, I love it. Find yourself a higher end system and start developing a few demos and you''ll have yourself a bunch of hungry people asking for more of your engine.

From what I can tell, the particle system looks great. My only complaint would be that it looks like the collision is a bit dodgy.(Yoda''s feet are in the ground.) Of course, it looks like a desert level and perhaps he''s sinking in sand. So if that''s what you''re intentions were, then bravo. (No, I''m not being sarcastic )

Keep up the good work.

Not bad, the sand dune textures look pretty good. This is far better than what I had when starting out. My first engine demo was a long hall and bouncing ball in the middle =) *ashamed*, hehe

Programmer art is pretty good too. Yoda needs a lightsaber though =)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Great work. Congrats on getting this far. Good luck finishing it. Models look good, the "snow" particles look good,but what I think is your blood particles could use some work, also your texture looks weird. Are you using opengl or directx.

Looks great good luck

-GoldMage

Im using DirectX 9.0 for it, the blood particles are a lot better now, then they were in those screenshots. Along with the physics of the particles currently optimizing it trying to get as man FPS out as possible, also added in a settings system so the user can define what settings of display mode ect they want when the app is started using ini files for that. Also once I fix it up to a good point I will add in opengl support

What''s holding up the gun? It looks nice, although I don''t look over a lot of pre release photos of games like this, so I wouldn''t be a great judge. Good luck continuing your work.