FMOD Tutorials?

Started by
4 comments, last by Ekim_Gram 20 years ago
Seeing as how my game is coming along quite good, it''s come time for me to implement sound and sound FX. I''ve chosen FMOD due to it''s great popularity (according to last week''s poll) but I can''t seem to find any good tutorials. The documentation that came with it is wayyy too confusing; it''s more of a reference for somebody who at least knows how to properly initialize it and play a song. Can some of you kind people provide some? VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions
Advertisement
http://gametutorials.com/Tutorials/c++/Cpp_Pg5.htm
| Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
use SDL mixer its cross platform too and much easier to use (although i was a complete noob when i tried using fmod)
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
I doubt SDL_Mixer is going to come in handy when I move to 3D...and I really, personally don''t like the FMOD tutorials on gametutorials. I still can''t imagine how they fit a whole tutorial in comments in a source file.

VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions
why wont it work with a 3d game? are you looking to do 3d sound effects? im pretty sure sdl_mixer has the capabilities...
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
I am familiar with fmod. I could help you with the basics of using FMOD. If you have any specific questions post here. But to initialize is very easy:

if (FSOUND_GetVersion() < FMOD_VERSION)    {        //printf("Error : You are using the wrong DLL version!  You should be using FMOD %.02f\n", FMOD_VERSION);		return false;    }		// TO DO - Check caps, allow changeing of values //	FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_DSOUND);			FSOUND_SetDriver(0);	//Primary	FSOUND_SetSpeakerMode( FSOUND_SPEAKERMODE_SURROUND ); 	FSOUND_SetMixer(FSOUND_MIXER_AUTODETECT);	FSOUND_SetSFXMasterVolume( mSoundFXVolume ); 	if (!FSOUND_Init(44100, 32, 0))	{		//printf("Init: %s\n", FMOD_ErrorString(FSOUND_GetError()));		return false;	}

[edited by - pjcast on April 6, 2004 4:44:07 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement