• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarcusMaximus

Finding the color of the first object along a vector

This topic is 5187 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If you have seen my post in the math/physics forum, you know I am designing a water tutorial and am trying to get the environment its in to reflect off the water. I''m in the final stages of making an algorithm for doing this but I need to be able to do one more thing. Basically I have a vector that has been reflected off of the water that originally came from the origin. Now I need to know if there is a way to find the color of the first object the reflected vector hits so I can make the surface in that section of the water that color. Is there a way to do this? I remember in nehe''s shadow casting tutorial the designer used clipping to cast a color in the first region struck by the vector of the shadow. This seems similar to what I''m trying to do but in reverse. Thanks for your help. -Mark

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!