Directx7 and Directx8 at the same time!?

Started by
4 comments, last by Bam2k1 20 years ago
Hello, I bought Isometric Game Programming with Directx7 and Multiplayer Game Programming with directx8. I''m learning both books at the same time. I plan to add multiplayer ability to my Isometric game. But see the problem is one is directx7 while the other is directx8. Is there a way to use both of them at the same time??? If not i''m confused on how I am going to be able to do this since I am learning different versions...Any help? Thanks
Advertisement
DirectX, yes. As in IDirect3D8 and IDirectInput7, or any other such exclusive combination. Using IDirect3D7 and IDirect3D8 concurrently? I seriously doubt it.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.
Well I suppose using only Dx7
hrm...

can u not use DX8 and query a dx7 interface?

just a thought=D

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

quote:Original post by Bam2k1
Hello, I bought Isometric Game Programming with Directx7 and Multiplayer Game Programming with directx8. I''m learning both books at the same time. I plan to add multiplayer ability to my Isometric game. But see the problem is one is directx7 while the other is directx8. Is there a way to use both of them at the same time??? If not i''m confused on how I am going to be able to do this since I am learning different versions...Any help? Thanks

When you read a book, the examples should serve as examples, not pieces of code that you can cut-and-paste into your own project. Use the books as a general reference, and try and learn the API from the documentation. Ive got to admit, although DX is cryptic (especially to those of you who havent dealt with COM before), the docs are kickass.
Use the iso book as a 2D reference and the directx 8.0 as a network reference ?

[edited by - decsonic on April 15, 2004 10:02:36 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement