• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

__grzesiu__

OpenGL fast and nice texturing using opengl

This topic is 5277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have one problem with my program, when i''m rotating scene textures are displayed not correctly normal texture looks like this: ________ | | | | | | -------- but when rotating it''s displayed like this: ________ | | | | | | | | --------- 2nd question: which solution provides better quality, large polygons with wrapped textures or small polygons with not-wrapped polygons?

Advertisement
sorry, but this forum has changed my ascii picture

my problem is that the polygons looks like:

....#########....
...###########...
....#########....
...###########...
....#########....
but this changes in time when rotating, this looks very ugly

cze grzesiu.
mailnij do mnie, jak masz jakies pytania. z przyjemnoscia odpowiem, jesli bede znal odpowiedz.

TheVoid, please use English on the forums; it makes it easier for other people to benefit from your advice. It also makes it easier for moderators to do their jobs .

__grzesiu__: I edited your post to see the ascii art in its original form, but I still don''t get it. A screenshot would definitely help, plus any code you think is relevant.

Hmm.. let me try and translate what the guy above said.. I''m from Slovenia, but our languages are a bit similar.

He said something like:
Hey grzesiu. Send me an email, if you have any questions. I will gladly answer, if I know how.

Crap, that was harder then I thought.

And grezesiu - really do post a screenshot (and some code if possible).

My head hurts and I didn''t bother reading your entire post but I think you want to rotate a texture?

glMatrixMode( GL_TEXTURE );
glRotatef( 45.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f );

glMatrixMode( GL_MODELVIEW );
// plot texture

Any questions?

I think I understand now. I read your post. When you''re rotating, scene textures are rotating when you don''t want it to rotate. You need to use glPushMatrix() and glPopMatrix();

Some psuedo code for ya!!

glApplyTexture();

glApplyMoreTexture();

// You : Ok OpenGL API!! I''m going to modify the matrix...here I go!!

glPushMatrix();

// You : I''m rotating!! Watch my rotate!! HAHA!! Here I go!!

glRotatef( 45.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f );

// You : *panting* Oh gosh....I''m done modifying the matrix OpenGL. Lets get back to normal....

glPopMatrix();

*Jamaican Accent* Good to go!!

NOTE: I am not drunk.

Jehovah is viewed by Gnostics as fundamentally evil, jealous, rigid, lacking in compassion and prone to genocide.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!