fast and nice texturing using opengl

Started by
6 comments, last by __grzesiu__ 20 years ago
i have one problem with my program, when i''m rotating scene textures are displayed not correctly normal texture looks like this: ________ | | | | | | -------- but when rotating it''s displayed like this: ________ | | | | | | | | --------- 2nd question: which solution provides better quality, large polygons with wrapped textures or small polygons with not-wrapped polygons?
satyricon
Advertisement
sorry, but this forum has changed my ascii picture

my problem is that the polygons looks like:

....#########....
...###########...
....#########....
...###########...
....#########....
but this changes in time when rotating, this looks very ugly
satyricon
Perhaps you can take a screenshot and upload it to some free site like www.photobucket.com or something? Else, try to use the and tags when making ASCI drawings.

Lone Wolves Game Development
Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves][Game Developers Emporium][E-mail]
[Hosting $7,95/mo][Forum FAQ][Google]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

cze grzesiu.
mailnij do mnie, jak masz jakies pytania. z przyjemnoscia odpowiem, jesli bede znal odpowiedz.
TheVoid, please use English on the forums; it makes it easier for other people to benefit from your advice. It also makes it easier for moderators to do their jobs .

__grzesiu__: I edited your post to see the ascii art in its original form, but I still don''t get it. A screenshot would definitely help, plus any code you think is relevant.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Hmm.. let me try and translate what the guy above said.. I''m from Slovenia, but our languages are a bit similar.

He said something like:
Hey grzesiu. Send me an email, if you have any questions. I will gladly answer, if I know how.

Crap, that was harder then I thought.

And grezesiu - really do post a screenshot (and some code if possible).

My head hurts and I didn''t bother reading your entire post but I think you want to rotate a texture?

glMatrixMode( GL_TEXTURE );
glRotatef( 45.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f );

glMatrixMode( GL_MODELVIEW );
// plot texture

Any questions?
Jehovah is viewed by Gnostics as fundamentally evil, jealous, rigid, lacking in compassion and prone to genocide.
I think I understand now. I read your post. When you''re rotating, scene textures are rotating when you don''t want it to rotate. You need to use glPushMatrix() and glPopMatrix();

Some psuedo code for ya!!

glApplyTexture();glApplyMoreTexture();// You : Ok OpenGL API!! I''m going to modify the matrix...here I go!!glPushMatrix();// You : I''m rotating!! Watch my rotate!! HAHA!! Here I go!!glRotatef( 45.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f );// You : *panting* Oh gosh....I''m done modifying the matrix OpenGL. Lets get back to normal....glPopMatrix();

*Jamaican Accent* Good to go!!

NOTE: I am not drunk.

Jehovah is viewed by Gnostics as fundamentally evil, jealous, rigid, lacking in compassion and prone to genocide.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement