Need Help with various things!!!

Started by
3 comments, last by hbkpuertorico 20 years ago
Hello Everybody. I need help with the following things in OpenGL If anybody know of any page or tutorial i will appreciate 1. How can I create a selection menu? (1p, 2p, options, cred) 2. How can I connect to different apps? For example from an intro screen the go to menu, when the player selects go to the game etc. 3. How can I add Music not using Direct Audio? 4. When you run any OpenGL App the background screen is black, can I change the color or add texture? Sorry If Im askig alot, but I kindda new and need to finish a project for the end of the month.
Advertisement
1. How can I create a selection menu? (1p, 2p, options, cred)

yes, just as you would any other systm, either use bounding boxes, colision detection ect.

2. How can I connect to different apps? For example from an intro screen the go to menu, when the player selects go to the game etc.

with a .bat file?

3. How can I add Music not using Direct Audio?

openAL? FMOD? BASS?

4. When you run any OpenGL App the background screen is black, can I change the color or add texture?

glClearColor(r,g,b,i)? have a textured quad at the end of your fustrum billboarded to the camera?
| Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
Thanks, but I didn''t understand #1, what does collision detection has to do with a menu screen?

You need to read about states.

Basically, what happens is that you have a master application controlling everything else. Each component of your game (title screen, rendering engine, physics, input, etc.) should be a class, and the master application should run all of them.

This master application should have two lists: one for paused states, and one for running states. Then swap stuff around.

For example, if the state is GAME_RUNNING, the paused states would be: title screen and credits. The running states would be: rendering, physics, input and sound.

Then, if the player hits escape, a message is sent to the master application to pause physics and rendering, and to make menu run.

See how that works?
never tought it in that way.. thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement